The Benefits of Getting Dental Implants in Marietta
Face it: you hate your missing teeth. It seems odd to hate something that isn’t there, but that’s how you feel nonetheless. It’s usually the first thing you think about whenever you start speaking to someone, and you barely show your teeth in pictures anymore. It’s time for a change; it’s time to replace your missing teeth. You keep reading about how dental implants may be one of the best ways to do this, but why? What makes them better than other methods, such as a bridge? Dr. James Merriman can discuss the multitude of benefits you get when replacing your teeth with dental implants.
- 1. Your Other Teeth Are Left Alone
- A common way to restore a missing tooth is with a dental bridge. One of the main drawbacks of this approach is that the teeth surrounding the gap have to be modified to fit a set of crowns that will support the bridge. With dental implants, this step is unnecessary, meaning we can restore your smile while preserving your natural teeth.
- 2. They Can Help Maintain A Healthy Bite
- The posterior (back) teeth play a very important role in how your jaw is aligned. They help keep the pressure even on all of your teeth, and influence how your jaw comes together. When some of your back teeth have gone missing, it is possible for it to become misaligned, and this can lead to a multitude of problems and chronic pain. Dental implants can help restore the natural balance of your jaw and bite.
- 3. Natural Appearance
- For some people, a missing tooth is an aesthetic problem and makes them constantly feel self-conscious. Dental implants provide the most natural-looking solution available today, and only you will know that it’s not a real tooth. Dental implants use all-ceramic crowns, which are able to replicate a tooth’s shape, size, and color.
- 4. Longevity
- Dental implants require maintaining your dental hygiene visits along with regular brushing and flossing. You take care of them just like your natural teeth. With proper daily care, they may last a lifetime. But just like natural teeth, it’s imperative to have regular preventive visits with a highly skilled and trained dental hygienist and dentist to aid in monitoring continued oral health and address any questions or concerns in an early proactive manner.
Want To Know More?
As you can see, these benefits make it easy to know why more dentists and patients are choosing dental implants than ever before. They look great, restore your smile, and last for a long time, which is everything you could possibly want. They really are the most comprehensive solution available.
Posted on behalf of Envision Dental
130 Vann Street NE Ste #210
Marietta, GA 30060
Phone: (770) 425-0448